Experts Explain Why Visitors Are Really Leaving Your Site.
What We Do:
- Find your customers.
- Observe their site behavior.
- Show you what happened.
- Tell you how to fix it.
User Testing Services
We find your customers and recruit them to try your site while our “Revenue Engineers” watch. From this you get an expert’s interpretation of what has happened and recommendations on how to fix it. You will have your answers within 4 business days and for just $120/user (Minimum 4 users per test).
Here is a typical user testing a site with one of our expert Revenue Engineers notes on the experience. This test alone inspired changes to the homepage the resulted in a 24% increase in the number of people going beyond this main entry page.
- User wanted to choose when to start video on homepage.
- User did not think the homepage was effective in letting him know who you are, what you do and what it means to him.
- Suggest placing the newsletter sign-up at the top.
- From product page, used back button. Might have occurred due to lack of navigation options (Most people do not use cookie trails).
- On Product Navigation page (Beginner) he clicked on a product not knowing if it were a book, dvd, trick or other. It turned out to be a device (Gecko). Lack of “scent” especially for “Beginners” being streamed here.
- Said the product (Gecko) had a bad description and he would not have known what it was if it had not been for the video. Example of product pages to answering “What it is”.
- Did not like the video restarting again upon returning to homepage. This potential happens with 20% of the homepage usage.
User Tester’s Notes
What ideas do you have about how this site could be improved?
- As soon as the homepage came up, the intro video started to play. I happen to have my speakers turned down so I missed part of it, I had to restart it. I would prefer to look around the site first and then start it when I am ready. The video was good, just let me start it. Also, when I went back to the homepage later, it started up again which was annoying.
- You had 2 great sentences down toward the bottom of the homepage “Ellusionist is a miracle training company. We make it easy to learn magic tricks.” and “If you want to be like David Blaine or Criss Angel, we’ll get you there. We love magic and we do all we can to make learning easy.” This is a great intro to your site and might be more helpful to me if it was one of the first things I saw on the homepage right near your name in the upper left hand corner. It would convey that the site was for beginners and what kind of tricks you offer. I think I would feel more comfortable on the site if I knew you had beginners in mind – easier tricks at a lower price.
- Way at the bottom of the homepage, I saw a sign up for your newsletter. I think a lot of people would be interested in that, but it was hidden and blended in with everything. More people would probably sign up if it were more obvious.
What did you like about the site?
- Showed a video about how each trick works.
- The overall site had excellent layout/colors/fonts/product assortment/navigation which conveyed a professional/trustworthy/interesting/intriguing site to me.
What would have caused you to leave this site?
- Overall, the site is functional, interesting and easy to navigate. The thing that would make me leave is if you didn’t have the best or nearly best (maybe within a couple dollars) price. There are too many ways to find the best price of a readily available, easily searchable product. What website I buy it from isn’t all that important to me, overall cost is (including tax and shipping).
- I would leave the site to compare your site/store with others to compare prices/products/tricks/forum/info/videos.