Online Sales UP 66%, Revenue Per Visit Increases 78%
Status: In Progress
Case Study Duration: 3 Months
seOverflow is a SEO firm located in Denver that also offers Conversion Optimization services with ConversionIQ.
RadicalGolfCarts.com is an eCommerce Store selling aftermarket golf cart parts and accessories to enthusiasts who like to enhance their golf carts.
In Serious Need Of Conversion Optimization Services
Radical Golf Carts had grown with a successful SEO program but the SEO agency (seOverflow) felt the site was not capturing the amount of sales it could be. Given the high quality of the site’s organic search traffic, seOverflow resources felt the site should be generating at least 50% more sales.
The client’s website has a good deal of traffic and had plenty of room for improvement , but had only signed on at the Insights level of SCOPE, ConversionIQ’s Website Conversion Optimization Program.
The eBusiness Consultant assigned to work on the conversion optimization of the site had to uncover not only where to make significant improvements, but where to make the biggest ones right away without too much work by the development resources (limited to 5 hours/month at the Insights level of SCOPE).
After a round of User Testing and deep analysis of the website’s Google Analytics and internal expert reviews, the eBusiness Consultant started making key conversion optimizing recommendations which the site’s resources quickly started implementing.
The conversion rate optimizations were:
- Fix a SSL Certificate Issue on the site which caused some browsers to prompt users in the cart with a warning the site was susceptible to hackers.
- Keep Traffic On The Site: The site was sending traffic to a popular forum where competitors were advertising.
- Use a Favicon: The little icon seen at the top of tabs and in browser bookmarks is the unsung hero on online branding and conversions.
- Increase the presence of Free Shipping on the site. You can read more about our experience with the Free Shipping badge on WhichTestWon.com.
- Elevate the presence of Trust Factors in the Cart and Checkout.
- Lower the free shipping price threshold from $99 to $49.
- Result = 36% lift in Sales according to Split testing.
- Results published on WhichTestWon.com
- Re-organize homepage content strategically factoring in Web Personas, Buying Cycle and Popularity.
- Resulted in a 14.95% “Bounce Rate” on the homepage or a 35% decrease.
- Performed Core Navigational Segmentation of site visitors which reflected their behavior of how users were actually using the site.
- Improved Light-Box Presentation and Behavior on product pages.
- 5 other key recommendations around online persuasive copy writing and content creation.
Sales up 66.3%
Despite Seasonal trends where online sales conversion rates historically have gone down on this site, the fall/winter of 2011/12 saw the online sales conversion rate for this eCommerce site go up over 63%.
Sunbelt States Sales up 79%.
The optimizations for the site can best be seen in the southern US states where winter was less of a factor. In these states, such as Florida, Texas and California, the eCommerce conversion rate increased 79%.
Average Order Value Up 6.5%
Not only did the eCommerce conversion rate increase due to conversion optimization services applied, but so did the Average Order Value (AOV), up 6.5%.
Revenue Per Visitor up 78%
The most important measure of how an eCommerce website is doing is it’s Revenue per Visitor (RPV) which tells you the average amount a site visitor is spending. Three months into this ongoing case study for the ongoing conversion optimization program, eCommerce RPV has increased 78%.